camping with the creeps ;; nolan, sage

Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

camping with the creeps ;; nolan, sage

Post by Alaska Angelo on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am

Every fall, the 7th and 8th year students always had the opportunity to go on a four day camping trip on the island of Nadar during their fall break. The students and a handful of teachers had taken a ferry from Martha's Vineyard, all the way to the docks on Nadar. When they made port, the students poured from the ferry, large backpacks full of tents, sleeping bags, and anything else that they would need for this camping trip, were being carried on their backs. From there, they took an hour long hike through the tropical jungle of Nadar, to their campsite. There, the students and teachers began to set up camp.

Ali had a thin sheet on sweat on the surface of her skin, and her tank top was already sticking to her. Her hair was thrown up in a bun, and little bits of fringe poked out every which way. Ali's hair and humidity never really got along. She was setting up her tent near her best friend Sage and her newly gained friend Nolan. The next four days were going to be amazing, and she was so excited she could spend it with her friends.

After a few minutes of struggle, Ali had finally got her tent pitched. She threw her backpack inside, zipped the door shut, then wiped the sweat on her forehead off with the back of her hand. She sighed, feeling pleased that she was able to do it by herself, then placed her hands on her hips.

"Done!" She chirped, checking out both of her friends. "Do you boys need any help?"

Ali's outfit!:
    She's obviously not wearing the little jacket thing or whatever it is, and also imagine her wearing hiking boots.

Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Re: camping with the creeps ;; nolan, sage

Post by Nolan Keane on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Nolan finished setting up his tent right around the time that Ali addressed him and Sage, who he'd had the pleasure of meeting once he and Ali had gotten to the ferry together earlier this morning.

Alaska had mentioned Sage in passing (and Nolan knew enough about her life to know about her friendship with Sage), but Nolan hadn't realized the extent to which the two clio held a connection. Nolan could practically feel electric sparks among their laughter when they were together. Watching them from afar was much different than being right next to them and among their company.

He was pleasant enough, even warm and inviting. But he was an active and considerable threat to Nolan's plans, even if the two denied having any romantic or sexual interest in one another. Still, Nolan kept his guard and started brainstorming -- he wasn't about to let this kid get in his way.

Nolan didn't want to turn this camping trip, which seemed like an amazing opportunity to get closer to Ali, into a competition with Sage. This trip wasn't about him. Nevertheless, he couldn't let Sage outshine him...and more importantly, he couldn't allow for a chance for Sage and Ali to escape away together and solidify whatever it was that was happening between them.

Fortunately, he had a decent vantage point as the 'new guy,' which meant that he didn't know many of the students and therefore assumed Ali may feel obligated to sort of 'babysit' him, which Nolan would use to his advantage.

He smiled at her, admiring her positive and excitable energy. He rubbed his hands together, getting any of the dust and dirt from the tent off of his palms, and rolled up the sleeves of his black undershirt. "I'm good to go," he said calmly, looking over to Sage to see where he was in the process.

Nolan's Outfit:

Because these pictures are fun~
    Sage Emerson
    Wee Bairn

Post by Sage Emerson on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am

Sage had finished putting his tent together awhile ago, but emerged from within it when he heard Ali come over. He'd been inside, straightening up his sleeping area and fiddling with the patch he and his father had sewn into the canvas last night. It rained a lot on Nadar and obviously Sage didn't want to be stuck in a swampy tent.

"Heyo," he said as he crawled out. "All done over here." He brushed his hands on his khaki shorts when he stood up and then looked over at Ali. "Wow, Al, I'm surprised you got the tent up in one piece." He eyed her tent, which did look stable...at least from a distance. He winked at her so she'd know he was (mostly) kidding.

"So, Nolan," he said, turning back to their new friend, "you ready for 'four days of exciting fun and adventure like you have never before experienced?'" He shook his head and laughed. Those had been the words of Mr. Calbert, who had spoken to their group on the ferry over. Nolan was new to Redfern, and Sage wondered if he thought Calbert's speech had been as over the top as Sage had thought. It was possible the teacher's enthusiasm hadn't worn down on Nolan yet. Sage pulled his long hair up into a top knot as he waited for Nolan's response. Nadar was hot as hell, and sticky, too.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Ali stuck out her tongue at Sage and his tent comment. She knew he was teasing of course. They teased each other like that all time.

"Okay mister tent expert," she retorted. "Why don't you double check my work then, be my hero."

She of course, was only (mostly) teasing Sage back. She actually wouldn't mind Sage's input. He was pretty handy with things like these, and she'd hate to wake up in the middle of the night with her tent collapsed on top of her. She laughed again when Sage mocked their overly enthusiastic teacher. Ali liked Mr. Calbert, but sometimes he could be a little intense. She looked at Nolan, grinning. They both had Mr. Calbert first thing in the morning, so she was sure Nolan knew all about his quirks.
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Sage had finished pitching his tent well before Nolan had. He was obviously good at these outdoor-based activities, which Nolan had never found much natural talent in, but Nolan had done enough research and practice for the trip to manage at an above-average level for someone of his interests and stature. Nolan didn't plan on falling behind the crowd during the school's planned schedule, but he would most likely fall behind Sage, who seemed capable of 'leading the pack,' per se.

You can use this to your advantage, Roanoke said, finding a place in the dirt to lay down for the time being. Ali won't leave you behind to run ahead with Sage. She'd stay and help you.

It's best to be prepared, Nolan said, eyeing the two as they interacted.

He forced a genuine-looking smile on his face, ready to joke around with them.

"Well I've never been to Nadar before, so I'm ready for a trip 'like [I] have never before experienced,'" he started with a light laugh, "but I'm not so sure about Mr. Calbert's idea of 'exciting fun and adventure.'" He crossed his arms and chuckled. Mr. Calbert seemed to be a focal point of a lot of students' jokes at Redfern, even though he seemed to really try to connect with the students. Nolan felt no sympathy for him and frankly only saw him as a pawn in his strategic game anyway.
    Sage Emerson
    Wee Bairn

Post by Sage Emerson on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Sage laughed aloud at Ali's "check my work" comment. "Not a chance," he told her with a silly grin. "I would love nothing more than to have you come screaming into my tent at 2 am because it collapsed on you."

He looked around at the other kids who were busy kicking around pinecones or still setting up their tents. "What are we supposed to do now, anyway?" he asked. He hadn't been paying very close attention to the directions for camp set up, and had been too busy fooling around with Ali.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 pm

"You would, wouldn't you," Ali replied to Sage, sticking her tongue out at him. Then she turned her attention back to Nolan, chuckling at him mocking their teacher. It really was going to be an amazing weekend though. Whether their teacher was an overly enthusiastic nerd or not. Either way, this definitely beat sitting inside an oppressive building all day.

Sage wrote:"What are we supposed to do now, anyway?"

Ali pursed her lips, looking thoughtful. In all honesty, she hadn't been paying much attention either. She looked around the campsite, at all of the other students pitching their own tents. Some were still working on theirs, while others were already done. The students who were done seemed to either just be relaxing in or around their tents, or talking with their friends.

"I think maybe we can just chill," she guessed.
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Nolan watched the two continue to interact in a way that he interpreted as playful flirting. He wanted to take her away right now, snatch her from Sage's vicinity so he couldn't make moves on her like this. He had heard that many students thought Sage and Ali were dating -- and that they both denied having feelings for one another -- but Nolan wasn't convinced.

Nolan was a very logical clio, less emotional than most of the other clio he'd met throughout his life...but Ali was his weakness. He felt such a strong heat in his stomach, like his insides were rubbing together and creating an overwhelming friction inside him. He managed to remain calm on the outside, but his insides were turning - less at the simple interactions between Sage and Ali that he'd witnessed on the trip so far, but at the long-term implications that they could have.

"So how'd you two meet?" he said, not noticing much that he'd abruptly changed the subject. He was trying to gain some information in order to navigate this whole situation a bit better. "You've known each other a while?"

He reached down to grab his canteen and take a swig of water.
    Sage Emerson
    Wee Bairn

Post by Sage Emerson on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 pm

"Eh, a few years," Sage said, sitting on a fallen log in the middle of their tent area. "Some teacher saddled us together, thinking I'd be impressed that she's an overloridian's daughter or something." He rolled his eyes in jest and then laughed. "A little like you, really. I was the new kid on the island. I started at Redfern two years back."

Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

"Oh whatever," Ali teased, playfully slapping Sage on the shoulder. "You were like a lost puppy dog." She sat down next to Sage on the log then reached down for a fallen leaf to play with while she talked. "He's lucky I took him under my wing."

"You're pretty lucky too ya know," she joked with Nolan. "Being friends with a semi famous clio."

She giggled at her own dumb joke, thinking about how sometimes she'd get caught by the paparazzi. A lot of overloridian children attended Redfern, so much so that the campus had banned any paparazzi to step foot on it. Didn't always mean they didn't sneak on there from time to time. Mostly, the children of the overloridians only had to deal with them when they were out and about.

"Oh by the way," she said suddenly, remembering something. "I managed to sneak some whiskey into my bag." She grinned at both boys mischievously. "I say we get drunk tonight, and then go skinny dipping!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:18 pm