Amelia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

i think i like you ;; emery

Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

i think i like you ;; emery Empty i think i like you ;; emery

Post by Vivienne Black Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:24 pm

The sky was overcast today, the fall air crisp. Viv loved the smell of fall, even in a dirty city like Stonecraft. An empty cup blew across her path as she walked, her heeled boots clinking against the cement. Trash was strewn about the entire cobble-stoned road and sidewalk, just as Viv had grown accustomed to. A trench coated clad man catcalled her as she walked past the alleyway he stood in, but she ignored him. She had other things on her mind today, she was feeling bored and she had her eyes peeled for her next unsuspecting victim.

Jax flew above, also keeping an eye out for anybody that his clio could pick on. Eventually his eye caught sight of a young blonde guy, walking in a fancy pea coat, looking like he actually didn't belong in Stonecraft. Though he couldn't actually be Viv's eyes, he could give her an idea of where the man was located, and once he landed and took a comfortable perch on her shoulder, she was able to locate him herself easily.

He was walking toward her, which was going to make her job a lot of easier. Viv pretended to be staring at her fingernails, even picking at the cuticles to seem more believable. Like a shy girl, too afraid to make eye contact with any of the strangers sharing the same sidewalk as her. She was so entranced by the hangnail on her middle finger, that she didn't realize that she was about to walk straight into a nicely dressed blonde man.

"Oh Gods!" She gasped, as their bodies collided. "I'm so sorry!"

As they hit, her hand swiftly reached for whatever pocket his wallet was hidden in. She had been doing this for years, there was no way he was going to catch her.
    Emery Lorenz
    Emery Lorenz
    Tiny Squid

i think i like you ;; emery Empty Re: i think i like you ;; emery

Post by Emery Lorenz Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 pm

outfit:

Emery and Orion had ventured into the city for their favorite day of the month - restock day! On this day every month, Jansen gave Emery a bunch of money and let him explore Stonecraft to track down the best deals for all of the necessary supplies at the shop.

As the shop was still relatively new, Jansen hadn't developed many business relationships yet and had asked Emery to persuade other business owners to give him a better deal than they originally offered. Jansen said Emery was "too handsome to refuse," which Emery thought was gross. Nonetheless, Emery intended to continue using this man's attraction to him (and sick enjoyment of abusing his power as a boss) as job security -- plus, days like this one were pretty fun anyhow.

Emery was intently focused on the businesses he was passing, and was honestly not paying attention at all when he and another clio collided. "Shit! I'm sorry," he said, taken off guard -- but not enough to stop him from instinctually blocking the young woman's hand as it attempted to reach for his wallet. As someone who grew up pickpocketing, he couldn't be mad at someone for trying...but he couldn't help but be disappointed at her lack of effort.

"Woah there," he said, taking a step back and looking the girl up and down. She couldn't have been much older than Emery's youngest sibling, which made him kind of go 'awww' inside.

"My boss would be pretty upset if I let you run off with his money, hun," he said casually while smiling.
    Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

Post by Vivienne Black Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Viv opened her mouth to say something, shut it, then opened it back up again. "How did you..." she started. "How did you do that?"

Now she really was embarrassed. She had been doing this for as long as she could remember. Who the hell was this guy? She pursed her lips, and furrowed her brows. She placed her hands defiantly on her hips, feeling totally insulted that this guy blocked her attempt at robbing him.

"That's not fair!" She pouted. "You weren't suppose to catch me!"

Of course, it was very fair. Not very many sane clio allowed others to rob them. She was lucky he wasn't trying to run immediately to the police.
    Emery Lorenz
    Emery Lorenz
    Tiny Squid

Post by Emery Lorenz Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Who is this girl? Emery thought to Orion as she seemed to pout like a spoiled child. Maybe she was one of those rich kids that stole from other clio simply because they felt entitled to everything.

"So what, your parents didn't give you your allowance today so you're just gonna take from random clio on the street?" he said, as if he didn't do the same thing growing up (and...not that long ago). "You sure don't look like you need my money, or I'd be more inclined to give you some."

He stuck his hand in the pocket of his peacoat, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and popping one between his lips.

"You smoke?" He snapped his fingers, causing a spark that lit his cigarette while tilting the pack toward her as an offer.
    Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

Post by Vivienne Black Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 pm

"Ha!" Viv exclaimed. "My parents are too selfish to give their daughter any of their own money."

He probably thinks you're spoiled little rich kid, Jax remarked. You aren't exactly dressed like an everyday citizen of Stonecraft.

"Yes I do," she responded when he offered her a cigarette. She took one from his pack and placed it between her lips. She stepped closer to allow him to light it for her with his fancy eilemaiden. She took a long drag from her cigarette, then blew the smoke into the sky above.

"Who says I don't need the money?" She asked. "I don't look this good because daddy is some fancy businessman." She took another long drag from her cigarette then asked, "What's a nicely dressed clio as yourself doing in this part of town, anyway?"
    Emery Lorenz
    Emery Lorenz
    Tiny Squid

Post by Emery Lorenz Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:07 am

"Who says I don't need the money?" She asked. "I don't look this good because daddy is some fancy businessman."

"Yeah, well clio who need the money don't look that good, period." Emery's eclectic style had come from rummaging through garbages, donation boxes, thrift stores, and coat checks -- even though he had the financial means now to put together outfits that he liked, he knew what it meant to wear clothes that didn't look like...well, like hers.

So it was especially nice to hear that she considered him to be a 'nice dressed clio.' He may not have an honest, lucrative, or long-term career, but at least he was well-dressed (which honestly he knew already).

"I'm here for work," he said vaguely, taking a drag of his cigarette. "But I'm familiar with the city. And with pickpockets like you." He winked at her affectionately. "I used to be one."
    Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

Post by Vivienne Black Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:34 pm

"Well it helps to know some clio," Viv responded, trying to keep it as vague as possible. It wasn't always the best idea to share with all of Amelia that you were a gang member, albeit a very inactive gang member. It also helped that she was pretty good at shoplifting too.

She took another long drag from her cigarette, blowing the smoke into the fall sky again.

"So you work around here," she repeated back to him. "Making an honest living?"

Viv wished she could say the same for herself. She never really had a "real job." It was always doing something for the gang. Whether it be selling drugs, stealing, anything that was considered illegal really. She wondered momentarily if his was part of any gang-thing, or if he was just a lowly criminal, acting on his own.
    Emery Lorenz
    Emery Lorenz
    Tiny Squid

Post by Emery Lorenz Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 pm

"Well it helps to know some clio."

"If that ain't the truth," he said, taking a long drag before answering her question. He nodded and shrugged simultaneously, looking at all the clio passing them by on the street.

"I try to make as honest a living as I can," he said, also a bit vaguely. "I guess it's pretty hard when you grow up with a messy understanding of morals and survival." He put the cigarette back in his mouth, taking a drag and leaving it to hang between his lips.

"Maybe someday I'll find something that feels right, like...a hundred percent, ya know?" He had a look of genuine hope on his face. His siblings had inspired him to try and turn his live around, try to make a living doing something that he actually wanted to do instead of doing something just to get by. But he knew it would take some time...his siblings hadn't even accomplished that yet. For now, he'd do what he could. What he was doing was better than being a full-time pickpocket, anyway.

"The name's Emery, by the way," he added, looking at her expectedly to introduce herself as well.
    Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

Post by Vivienne Black Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

"Yeah," Viv sighed. "Messy understanding is right."

She took one last drag from her cigarette before flicking it onto the ground and stamping out the glowing butt. She wondered what kind of childhood Emery had experienced. Had he grown up similarly to the way she did? Maybe he was even part of a gang too.

She loved seeing the genuine hope on his face when he talked about his future though. It gave her hope for her own.

"It's nice to meet you, Emery," she responded with a smile. "You can call me Viv."
    Emery Lorenz
    Emery Lorenz
    Tiny Squid

Post by Emery Lorenz Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:16 pm

"It's a pleasure," he said with a nod. "I mean, I prefer to meet clio when they aren't trying to steal from me, but at least it makes for an interesting story." He smiled and winked, tossing his cigarette onto the sidewalk.

"You hungry, Viv?" he asked, realizing that his stomach was fairly empty. He usually fudged one or two orders to account for a meal for himself when he came to Stonecraft, and he could probably find a few extra bucks to cover Viv's lunch. "I can buy, since you need it so damn badly." He was joking, though he still was unsure if she actually did need the money...it didn't really matter to him much anymore. She was interesting and he wanted to find out more about her.
    Vivienne Black
    Vivienne Black
    Tiny Squid

Post by Vivienne Black Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 pm

"Food sounds lovely," Viv replied. "I know a really good diner that serves the best bacon cheeseburgers!"

She walked toward her new friend, linking arms with him when she got closer, and the two of them walked down the street in tandem.

They chatted over lunch, sharing stories about their childhood, their families, and anything else they thought might be interesting to share. The two of them quickly realized that they liked each other a lot, and agreed to hang out more often in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am