Amelia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi

Alaska Angelo
    Alaska Angelo
    Bacón

i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi Empty i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi

Post by Alaska Angelo Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Ali had been home for a few days now, and she never thought how wonderful it could feel to be under the constant watchful eyes of her parents. Most young clio her age would take that for granted, and get irritated with their parents, but not Ali. Never again.

After the initial shock and euphoria had passed, Ali’s mother had called for a skilled Ughdarrian doctor to care for her throat. The doctor did all that she could, but there was still some pain and her voice was raspy, however the worst of it was the nasty green bruise that looked like he still had his hands wrapped around her neck. She couldn’t look at herself in the mirror.

When the police went to investigate Anders’ apartment the same day Ali had escaped, they had reported back that Anders was deceased. Ali had panicked then, thinking she had been the one to cause his death, but her mother assured her that he must have come to after she escaped then took his own life. Ali would never know the truth, but it was better for her that way.

Today, Ali was sitting in a sunroom with huge windows overlooking the mountains. She was attempting to catch up on homework that she had insisted get delivered to her, but at the moment she was lost in a trance, thinking about Anders’ finger tips on her skin. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she began to relive the horrors she endured inside of that tiny apartment.
    Ekavi Angelo
    Ekavi Angelo
    Borkon Lover

i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi Empty Re: i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi

Post by Ekavi Angelo Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Over the past two weeks, Kavi had thrown himself into work, and Emery, and drinking, and anything to distract him from thinking about his missing sister. Because when he thought about her being hurt or captive or dead, it made him sick. More than once he'd had to rush to the nearest trashcan to empty his stomach if he thought too much about where she might be and what state she might be in. Especially after his parents had written to tell him about the investigators' only lead, a creepy man with a false identity who'd been hanging around Ali.

His stomach dropped every time he got a letter or the phone rang, and the most recent time had been no different. But instead of the horrible news he'd been fearing, he got the opposite. Ali was safe.

He took the next train to Adbhbar. It was his first time back since moving to Dian, and everything looked exactly how he remembered it. Ali looked the same as he remembered her too, except she was crying, and there were large ugly bruises around her neck. Fuck.

He stood in the doorway and knocked softly on the door frame to avoid startling her.
    Alaska Angelo
    Alaska Angelo
    Bacón

i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi Empty Re: i never thought i’d see you again ;; kavi

Post by Alaska Angelo Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Though her brother had tried to be gentle, his light knocking still startled her. Ali jumped in her chair and turned her head toward the door simultaneously. Even though Anders was dead she was still paranoid. She smiled weakly when she saw Kavi standing in the doorway, and hurriedly wiped the tears from her face.

“Kavi,” she said softly, her voice raspy. “I’ve missed you!”

The last time she saw her brother, they had gotten into a fight and had said mean things to each other. She thought that she was never going to see him again, but now he was here. Ali stood and moved toward her brother, pulling him into a tight embrace when she could reach him. It took her everything she had not to start crying again.

“I’m sorry,” she squeaked, her arms still wrapped tightly around him.
    Ekavi Angelo
    Ekavi Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Ekavi Angelo Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Kavi hugged Ali back. "Sorry for what?" he asked with a watery laugh. He wiped at his eye. "I'm just glad you're home safe." To be honest, he barely even remembered their argument from before. It felt so insignificant now. After two weeks of not knowing whether his sister was dead or alive, their old petty fights might as well have been a lifetime ago.
    Alaska Angelo
    Alaska Angelo
    Bacón

Post by Alaska Angelo Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 pm

“For being a mean sister,” Ali replied, laughing lightly. Once their embrace was broken, Ali pulled her brother toward the large, cushy armchairs where she had been sitting and had him sit in the one next to hers. She glanced down at her school work splayed before her on the table and sighed.

“I asked dad to get all of the work I’ve missed,” she explained. “Thank the Gods it was only two weeks...”

Ali trailed off then, becoming lost in thought. It was going to take a lot of time to heal and not get lost in the past two weeks.

Quickly, she snapped out of her stupor and sucked in a breath of air through her nose. “I should still be able to graduate with my friends on time!”

She cleared her throat then swallowed hard, gingerly pressing her fingertips to her neck as she did so.

“So,” she began, “How’s your new home?”

Ali wanted to have as much as a normal conversation as possible with her brother. She just wanted to forget Anders and her prison forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm