i'll keep you my dirty little secret ;; elias

Elias Kappo-Selway
    Borkon Lover

Re: i'll keep you my dirty little secret ;; elias

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:06 pm

"Oh..." was all Elias could mutter as Jamey confirmed what Elias originally thought he'd heard. "Well that's okay."

Elias may have seemed a bit blunt about this -- he had been raised to accept everyone's identities and differences. A couple of his cousins were queer, Finley hooked up with women all the time, and he knew he was interested in guys since a young age. His own insecurities about this entire thing had been Jamey's seemingly overnight attraction to Elias...and the fact that Elias had always thought Jamey was straight. Maybe everyone did.

"Jamey, there's nothing wrong with being gay. You don't have to hide it." He knew this was easier said than done, especially since Jamey's shame about being gay seemed pretty deep-rooted. "We can talk about it...if you want to. I mean, I don't think I'm gay, but I'm not straight either."
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Jamey sighed again, only softer this time. He sniffled, then wiped away his tears with the palm of one of his hands. He pulled his blanket all the way up to his chin, then turned his head to face Elias.

"Yeah?" He asked, his voice sounding tiny. "Oh, it doesn't matter, I can't tell anybody this..."

He turned to stare at the ceiling again, thinking. He knew his parents would never judge him or disown him in a million years. He wasn't hiding his sexual orientation from them, it just never came up. Plus, his parents thought he was interested in women anyway. It was his friends that he didn't want finding out. They made fun of clio that were openly gay, or just not afraid to be themselves in general. They were rich, beautiful, and popular, just like he was. He didn't want to give up that status, he craved it, he needed it. He understood that the clio he hung out with weren't really his real friends, but he didn't care. He loved the popularity.

"It's my friends that I don't want finding out," Jamey finally said. "They'd abandon me for sure."
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Borkon Lover

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:08 am

Elias frowned. "Well...those sound like shitty friends," he said plainly. He picked at the dirt under his fingernails casually before realizing that the statement he'd given probably wasn't helpful for Jamey. He looked back over to him, trying to think of the right thing to say.

"Look, Jamey," he started. "You have a choice. You can tell them, if you think that's right for you. But you don't have to tell them. If it's hurting you, you should tell them -- but if telling them will hurt you more, you don't have to. You shouldn't be scared of losing your friends, but...sometimes that's out of our control and we do what we can to manage in the meantime."

Ultimately, Elias just wanted Jamey to know that he got to choose what he told his friends...but as a bit of subtext, he also wasn't about to go tell the whole school that Jamey had tried to maybe drunkenly give him a hand job last night.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am

Jamey laughed lightly, then sat up in his bed, his blanket falling off of his bare chest. He propped himself up with one hand, and rested his other arm on his knee that he had brought up closer to his body. Suddenly he didn't feel so nauseous anymore.

"They are pretty shitty friends," he said softly. "But for right now, they're my friends."

He knew how stupid that sounded. Any clio in their right mind would dump superficial friends like Jamey's, but maybe Jamey wasn't in his right mind. He looked to Elias, and flashed him a genuine smile. His roommate wasn't from the same social class as Jamey, but maybe he could turn out being something more than just a roommate.

"Thanks," he said, somewhat shyly. "I think that you may become my only real friend."

Jamey frowned suddenly, and used the hand that was resting on his knee to point at Elias. "If you utter a single word about what happened last night," he warned. "I can and will make your life miserable."
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Borkon Lover

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:36 pm

"Thanks," he said, somewhat shyly. "I think that you may become my only real friend."

Elias smiled. He still didn't have many friends here, even after being at Redfern for a while. He was finally reconnecting with his cousins (or Senna, at least), and while he never thought he could be friends with such a prick, it looked like Jamey actually had a little bit of dimension and character to him. Though he wished Jamey wasn't so connected to his popularity and band of assholes.

"I can and will make your life miserable."

There's the Jamey I know, Elias thought, rolling his eyes.

"You got it, sweetheart," Elias said jokingly, throwing his pillow across the room at Jamey. He wasn't going to tell anyone -- honestly, he'd probably be made fun of just as much as Jamey since so many clio hated him. But also because he kind of hoped it might happen again...not that he'd tell Jamey that. His ego was big enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:41 am