i've got time [alaska]

Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

i've got time [alaska]

Post by Nolan Keane on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Nolan walked slowly through the halls of a building on campus, his right hand holding the strap of a backpack hanging over his shoulder. He wore a simple hoodie and crew neck t-shirt, something that allowed him to blend in and look a little bit younger. Most clio looked right past him, or looked away without a second thought if they did catch a glimpse of him.

The bell rang, signaling the start of class, but Nolan continued his slow stride through the hall. Everything he did was planned out carefully, so he knew exactly where he was going -- but he wanted to catch the attention of the entire class when he came in. He knew the instructor was already going to introduce him, but this way made it more of a surprise and peaked some curiosity from the students, which he desired.

Finally, precisely four and a half minutes after the start of class, Nolan reached the door. There were chills all over his body...behind this door was Alaska. He was finally coming face-to-face with her. Everything was finally starting.

He opened the door, peeking his head in faux-nervously. All of the students turned their attention to the seemingly-lost clio entering the room.

"-- so please turn to page -- oh, Mr. Keane! Glad you could find us," the instructor said, setting his book down on his desk. "Class, this is Nolan. He's a new student here at Redfern, so please give him your kindest welcome."

Nolan smiled and waved a little nervously. He saw Alaska in his peripheral vision and could feel his stomach drop, but he maintained control of his outward expression.

"Go ahead and find yourself a free seat," the instructor said as he picked the book back up. "Nolan, I was just asking the class to turn to page 140."

--

Though the class was simple and dull, Nolan knew these courses were all necessary components to his plan. Still, he was thankful when the bell rang and the class was dismissed.

"Mr. Keane, Ms. Angelo, could you two please come see me before you leave?" the instructor asked as the rest of the students filed out of the classroom.

This is it, Nolan thought, keeping a straight face even though it felt like his entire world was about to come crashing down. This was the end of his old life, and the start of something new. He headed over to the instructor's desk as Alaska did.

"Ms. Angelo, Nolan here requested some tutoring help to catch up with what he's missed this semester," the instructor said, leaning against his desk and crossing his arms. "I thought you'd be a fantastic student to help him out. What do you think?"
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Re: i've got time [alaska]

Post by Alaska Angelo on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Ali had been outside of the classroom, chit-chatting with some friends before the bell rang. Once she saw their teacher slip inside, the young clio followed suit, and sat in their usual seats toward the back of the classroom. The chatter continued, until the teacher shushed the class and began to speak.

Teacher wrote:"-- so please turn to page -- oh, Mr. Keane! Glad you could find us,"

Ali was just grabbing her book from her backpack, until somebody new popped their head in. Naturally, the entire class looked up as the teacher acknowledged the new student, Ali included. He didn't look like much, just a regular new guy, obviously nervous for his first day. Ali watched him walk around the classroom until he found an empty desk and sat. Her attention immediately returned back to the front of the classroom, as the class continued on.

---

Thankfully, the bell finally rang. Ali started to quickly shove her things into her backpack when the teacher called her and the new kid up to the front.

Teacher wrote:"Ms. Angelo, Nolan here requested some tutoring help to catch up with what he's missed this semester," "I thought you'd be a fantastic student to help him out. What do you think?"

The first thing Ali wanted to do was ask him why? It wasn't like she was one of his best students. She skipped every once and a while, was maintaining a B average, and really didn't care that much about this class. There were plenty of other students in this class that could have helped this kid catch up to the rest of them.

It's probably because of your status, Abraham pointed out. You're an overloridian's child.

He had a point.

Ali put on her best smile and nodded. "Sure!" she breathed. She looked to Nolan, "I could even show you around campus...if you'd like!"

The sooner she could get this over with, the better.
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Nolan recognized that smile. He had thought of it every day for years. He had waited so long.

"Perfect!" the instructor said, patting Nolan's shoulder. "There ya go. Ali will show you around so you don't get lost for any other classes! Save you some embarrassment, eh?"

The instructor's personality was a bit much for Nolan, but he played along. "Yeah," he said softly, looking to Alaska with a small smile that communicated something along the lines of, 'wow this guy is a lot' without being obvious enough for the instructor to notice.

"Alright kids, get outta here," the instructor joked as he sat back down at his desk. "I've got another class starting here soon."

After Nolan and Ali walked out of the class and into the busy hallway, he turned and moved his bookbag up on his shoulder a little bit more. "Thanks for offering to show me around," he said, looking around at all the students around them. "It's annoying being the new kid, but I can't imagine it's much better being the clio responsible for the new kid, heh." He managed a soft laugh.

He knew exactly where everything was on this campus, but he was intrigued at what Ali's 'tour' might be. How would she narrate? Would she show him her favorite spots? Would she share memories of her first time on campus? This tour would offer Nolan some great insight, and it was only a precursor to the tutoring lessons she'd been guilted into giving him. He was so excited.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Ali shared the same look that Nolan had tried to communicate to her. Their teacher was a nice guy, but sometimes he was a little bit too much. The two of them said their goodbyes to their teacher, and squeezed out the door, past a few students who were coming in for the next class.

It had only been the first class of the day, and Ali and her new "friend" had a long day ahead of them. She wondered what his other classes were, and if he'd be in anymore of her own. She smiled at his comment about being the new kid, but waved her hand dismissively.

"It's no problem," she replied. "Gives me an excuse to miss a couple classes." Ali held out her hand toward him and said, "Here, let me see your schedule."

Nolan presumably handed her his schedule, and she looked over it curiously. She saw that they shared the same lunch period, and one other class later in the day. She decided that she would show this kid around, Ali-style.

"So," she started. "What are your thoughts on skipping class?"

Abraham, who had been sitting on Ali's shoulder, rolled his little bird eyes. Leading this poor kid down the wrong path already and he had only attended one class.
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 pm

"Here, let me see your schedule."

Nolan grabbed his schedule, which he'd crumbled up a bit to make it look like he'd been pulling it in and out of his pocket since receiving it. In reality, he knew exactly what courses he had, where they were, and his proximity to Ali's courses for each day of the week.

Even though he'd only overlapped lunch and two classes, he had strategically planned where each class would be based on routes and Ali's average location throughout the day.

He looked at her expectedly as she read over his schedule. Admittedly, he hadn't expected her to offer for the two of them to skip classes together, but of course he'd accept. He wasn't about to reject anything from Alaska Angelo unless it would inevitably lead to his demise.

"Um, yeah," he said, allowing his lips to barely curve into a smile. "I'm okay with that. I mean...the teachers don't know me yet anyway, right?" He stuck the hand that wasn't holding his bookbag into the pocket of his jeans after brushing some of his hair out of his eyes. He wanted to run away with her now, but he knew he had to be patient.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:14 pm

"Perfect," Ali replied mischievously. Even though he had shoved his free hand into his pocket, Ali reached out for his hand anyway. When Nolan took it, she bounded away, weaving them between other students who were probably irritated that the two of them where pushing through them.

Abraham took flight when his clio took off, and sighed out loud. His clio's naturally flirty nature was going to get her into trouble some day.

When the two of them reached doors that led to the outside, Ali let go of Nolan's hand and pushed the door opened, then closed her eyes as she allowed the sun to kiss her face. She sighed, opened her eyes then turned to Nolan and smiled. "I love the sun," she told him. "So much better than being cooped up in that loud building all day."

Ali reached a hand up to her face and tapped her chin thoughtfully, trying to decide on where she'd take Nolan first. "Let's see," she said. "I could either take you to this beautiful garden on campus...or maybe the arenas..." She looked at Nolan expectantly, waiting for a response.
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am

She reached for his hand. She reached. For his hand.

That's just how she is, Roanoke noted from her perch next to Nolan's feet as she tried to reason with Nolan, who thought this was some obvious sign of love. Roanoake looked up expecting Nolan to refuse, but instead Nolan had put his hand in Ali's and they were heading off together through the building.

Nolan's emotions ran through his body like blood in his veins -- this had to be love. His heart raced, his skin was covered in goosebumps, his stomach was full of butterflies, all as the two weaved their way through the halls.

As they reached the outside, Nolan shielded his eyes from the sun when their hands parted. It wasn't that he didn't like the sun, but...it was blinding and oppressive. As his pupils adjusted, he brought his hand back down to his side and looked to Ali, seeing that she was looking at him expectedly for an answer.

"Er..." he started, looking around as he thought about which would be more interesting to venture to with her. The gardens would be nice, but the arenas would be interesting. Maybe she would show off her eilemaiden, or ask him to show off his. The gardens may be more...traditionally romantic, which could be a pro or a con.

"Arenas?" he said innocently. "Sounds like there's more to see there, maybe."
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:08 am

"Arenas it is!" Ali replied with a nod. She motioned for him to follow her as she began to walk in the direction of the arenas. Luckily she had been out this way enough times to know that it usually wasn't very crowded around this time of day, and if there did happen to be an eilemaiden class outside, she had Nolan as an excuse for not being in class.

"So," she started, as the two walked together side-by-side. "Tell me a little bit about yourself, why did you start at Redfern so late?"

Ali knew she was being nosy but she didn't care. She was genuinely curious. Clio usually didn't start Redfern when they were so close to graduating. She wondered where he came from, where he grew up. Did he attend a local school? Or was he home schooled?
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 am

Nolan took Ali's lead, following her toward the arenas. He was more than ready to weave the web of lies he'd concocted to tell about himself, his past, and what led to his present. At least for now, until they were truly alone and he had gained some of her trust.

"Yeah, well my mom didn't make a lot of money," he started, looking around as they walked casually through campus. "I'd always wanted to come here, learn about the histories of the eilemaiden, techniques for using them, overloridians and stuff -- instead of just blindly following the hierarchy, ya know?" He laughed, more to set a casual tone than at anything that was actually funny.

"Somehow we never managed to qualify for the financial aid...I don't know if other clio just had it worse or what, but that never worked out. Anyway, my mom and I both saved up enough money, lived as simplistically as we could to make it work, and...here I finally am. I may be at the tail end of the time I can spend here, but..."

He looked over at her, a glimmer in his eye. "I made it."

Of course, he was actually infatuated with her and not being on this campus. He literally could not care any less about Redfern, this island, or anything else on Amelia for that matter. But being here with her made the glimmer in his eye real, and gave some meaning behind his words. He was in awe of this place and everything around them...because it moved around them. Together.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 am

Ali listened to Nolan tell her about his past, not feigning interest but being actually interested. She thought it was a little strange that he wanted to attend Redfern so badly that he'd even start coming here way late like this, but she wasn't about to say that.

"That blows," she said suddenly, after he finished speaking. "It blows that you didn't get to start here when everyone else did." She actually felt bad for him. Ali had been attending Redfern ever since she was old enough to attend. She had built up a lot of close relationships with a lot of her fellow students, something that Nolan would miss out on. Sure, he'd probably still make friends, but it wouldn't be the same.

Ali smiled at the look on his face when he said that he had made it. She didn't feel as bad after seeing how happy he was to be here. "Well I'm glad you're finally here!" She told him, "I hope that you get everything you wanted out of this place!"

Finally, the two of them reached the arenas, and just like Ali suspected, it was empty. "Well," she said, while gesturing toward the arenas with her hands. "Here we are! What do you want to do first?"
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 am

"Here we are! What do you want to do first?"

Nolan had appreciated Ali's kind engagement with his story, but they had arrived and he was ready to move forward with this tour. Let's see...

"Why don't you show me what you've got?" he said almost mischievously. It didn't pair well with his faux personality to be so upfront and flirtatious, but a little spice here and there could work.

"Are you settled?" he continued quickly, as if he wasn't aware that she had settled as Cuir. Of course he had hoped she would settle as Adhbhar, hence his own settling as Adhbhar back in the day, but he loved her and whichever eilemaiden she chose. (Though...obviously it would have been better if she had chosen Adhbhar.)

He imagined that he would soon be showing his own abilities as well, which he had to strategically plan so as not to show himself as much older and more talented than he was. These arenas definitely intrigued him though.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 pm

"Oh yeah, of course!" Ali replied. "I've been settled in Cuir a little over a year now!" She had settled when she was sixteen, the most common time when young clio settled. She still remembered the warmth that radiated through her body as she had settled. It was magical.

"What did you settle in?" She asked, as they made their way together toward the Cuir arena. Ali knew that she really wasn't suppose to be doing this without permission, but it was kind of exciting, breaking the rules like this.

If your parents find out about this, Abraham started to lecture. You're going to get into so much trouble! Not to mention you're dragging this poor guy along with you!

Ali knew of the consequences, but she didn't care. It was new and daring. Besides, if they got caught she could just fly the two of them away.

When they finally reached the Cuir arena, Ali bit her bottom lip nervously. "So we're not actually suppose to be here," she told him honestly. "Technically we need special permission."
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Nolan nodded along as Ali talked about settling in Cuir. What an interesting choice of hers...he'd love to ask her about it, really dig deep into her wants and desires in her life. How did she perceive Cuir? How did she foresee it impacting her life?

"What did you settle in?"

"I chose Adhbhar," he said, not making a big deal out of it even though Ali was obviously the Adhbhar overloridian's daughter. "Just seemed like the right pick for me, you know?"

When they reached the arena, Nolan almost missed what Ali said completely due to her distracting, attractive, and perfect lip-biting. He felt like he was going to fall over from that.

Nonetheless, he kept himself together and managed to understand that she was bringing up the fact that they weren't supposed to be here. He looked around the abandoned arena space, plotting his next move. Go confident? Nervous? Rebellious?

"What's the worst that could happen?" he asked, going the route of intrigued, inquisitive, and a little concerned. He knew the rules of the academy, and was planning on going along with her either way. He was almost surprised that she had even suggested the arenas, but...they were skipping class, so it actually seemed fitting.

"I'd rather not get expelled on my first day, but...I could at least play dumb," he said with a smile. "I don't want to do something that could get you in a lot of trouble."
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Ali bit her bottom lip again, thoughtfully this time, totally unaware of the feelings it was giving to Nolan. Did she really want to risk both of their school careers because she was feeling adventurous? Not to mention how terrible she'd feel if she got him expelled after working so hard to get here. She got over her doubts quickly though and said dismissively, "Its okay, my mom is pretty important." Then she felt stupid, like she was bragging. "I just mean, she wouldn't let you get expelled."

And just like that, Ali pushed open the unlocked gates and the two of them slowly entered the Cuir arena. Right in front of them stood hoops at varying heights for the students to jump through, and multiple platforms floating in the sky, being held up by a form of Cuir magic that Ali wasn't too sure about. She probably could ask somebody about it, but she didn't care enough to figure it out.

She looked at Nolan and smiled mischievously. "I'm not really good at agility," she told him. "But I think I can show you a few cool moves."

Ali bent her knees then kicked up, propelling herself like a rocket and spun her entire body, going through a lower hoop like a corkscrew. She loved her eilemaiden and the freedom it gave her. The wind through her air, the way the wind touched her skin with its finger tips, it got her heart pumping and her blood flowing. She felt like a bird.

She straightened her self out, and pushed herself to go higher until her feet touched a platform, kicking herself off and onto the next one like she was running up a set of stairs, taking it two stairs at a time. When she reached the highest platform, she kicked off of it, doing a flip, before finally landing on the ground in front of Nolan.

Ali open-mouthed grinned, breathing heavily through her teeth. "Ta da!"
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:31 am

"Its okay, my mom is pretty important."

"Oh yeah?" he said, raising his eyebrows and laughing before they headed into the arena. He looked around, surrounded by such an interesting setup of platforms, hoops, and challenges. As he was imagining Ali flying through the different vertical layers around them, suddenly she actually was.

Nolan admired her as she flew through the air, completely enjoying herself, her eilemaiden, and her surroundings. And hopefully his company. Even though she was young and a bit amateur, she still understood how to use her body as she sky rocketed through the air.

He was smiling of pride and disbelief as she landed in front of him, breathing heavily. He enjoyed seeing her like this -- a bit damp with sweat, out of breath, having just worked on something and accomplished it. She was imperfect and perfect all at the same time. She had shown off...for him.

"Wow," he admired, blown away. "That was amazing. I haven't seen many Cuir clio move like that, you're really something." He nodded as he spoke, trying not to come off as obsessive or weird, but as simply someone who was impressed. "Very cool."
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 am

Ali's cheeks pinked when Nolan went on about her skills and how impressed he seemed to be by them. She didn't get praise like that very often, other than from her teachers or parents, but those were a given. "Well..." she replied, still trying to catch her breath. "Thanks!"

She meant to say more, but she was interrupted by a guard or staff member, she couldn't tell which, yelling to them both to come over to him. Ali looked on at the approaching staff member, then turned her head to face Nolan, a nervous smile on her lips. She had never flown while holding onto somebody else before, and imagined that it was probably hard, but if she didn't get them out of there right now they were both dead.

"Grab my hand," she said quickly, holding it out to him. "I'm going to get us out of here!"
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane Yesterday at 4:39 pm

Nolan eyed the authority figure coming their way, immediately imagining all of the different routes he could take with this problem. Before he decided on one, Ali was offering him her hand. He decided to roll with it, curious as to how she was going to escape with both of them.

He accepted her offered hand, taking a deep breath. He felt the adrenaline rush through his body -- not from the situation, but from his hand holding Alaska's. He wasn't expecting to already be holding her hand...it was warm, soft, and just as he'd imagined...but better. This was going so well.
    Alaska Angelo
    Borkon Lover

Post by Alaska Angelo Yesterday at 5:33 pm

"Hang on tight!" Ali shouted, as she tightened her own grip on his hand. The wind began to stir around them, blowing strands of blonde hair into Ali's face, and suddenly they were in the air. Who ever the staff member was, Ali thanked her lucky stars that he wasn't also in Cuir, as the two of them flew away to safety, leaving the shouting man behind on the ground.

"I can't do this for very long!" She shouted over her shoulder, already feeling the strain. She wasn't strong enough yet, to carry a full sized clio along with her. It was too hard to focus on keeping both of their bodies afloat. She felt herself sinking lower to the ground and she started to panic. At this rate, that guy would catch up to them in no time! She needed to find a hiding place, and fast!

"Now it's your turn," she shouted again, though panting. "Show me what you've got!"
    Nolan Keane
    Tiny Squid

Post by Nolan Keane Today at 1:33 am

Nolan carefully calculated how high they were off the ground, noticing that soon after their takeoff they were no longer accelerating further into the air. As soon as Ali suggested that he do something, he nodded and punched toward the ground below, pulling back up as some dirt, which quickly compacted and turned into a surface that could hold their weight and raced up to meet their feet individually.

"Stand on it," he said hastily, keeping her hand locked with his own. The dirt had formed two solid platforms, each large enough for the two clio to stand on. "And hold on," he advised as soon as her feet touched the dirt below. Suddenly, the two rocks beneath their feet shot forward incredibly fast, carrying them a decent distance in a short amount of time.

When they were far enough away that the staff member could no longer catch them, he dropped the rocks as if he couldn't handle anymore (though he absolutely could). The two fell toward the ground, and Nolan let out an exasperated yell as he prepared for impact.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:40 am