Amelia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

with WHO? -elias-

Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

with WHO? -elias- Empty with WHO? -elias-

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Senna was at Ekul Park, waiting for Elias to show up so that they could go on a run together. Although he was still generally quiet and moody, Senna was glad he was hanging around more. At some point she wanted to try and force a reconciliation between him and Poppy, because they had been really close back before Elias started trying to burn every bridge in his life, but the right time hadn't come for that yet. (At some point she also needed to tell Poppy about Frances...oops, heheh.)

Senna stretched while she waited, and then she stood and waited, and then she stretched again, when finally she saw Elias approach from a distance. "Took you long enough to get here!" she said, waving him over. "I thought maybe you'd ditched me, and I was gonna have to come find you and drag you here."
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

with WHO? -elias- Empty Re: with WHO? -elias-

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Elias had spent his entire trip to Ekul Park trying to decide whether to tell Senna about the bizarre (and somewhat exhilarating) night/morning he'd had with his roommate. Jamey. Who was probably the biggest asshole at the entire academy.

Part of him wanted to tell Senna because out of anyone, he felt that she would understand on some level...and part of him also felt that Senna would probably hardcore judge him for it.

He got a little red in the face as Senna called out to him when he approached, still so stuck in his head's jumbled thoughts that he wasn't even sure what she'd said. Her inflection sounded joke-like, so he laughed lightly.

"Sorry I'm late," he said, rustling his hair. He looked around the park, glad to run and exert some of his nervous and confused energy. "I had a ... weird night." He awkwardly crossed one arm in front of his body, holding his left elbow with his right hand. Some may think he was obviously showing signs of having something on his mind, but...this was also just how he acted normally.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Weird night? That sounded intriguing... "Oh?" Senna asked. Her half-joking-half-serious irritation with Elias being late dissipated immediately at the promise of a good story. "Well I'll forgive you for being late if you tell me what happened." She hoped he wanted to talk about it, but even if he didn't, she was prepared to needle him about it until he caved. She didn't really know much--or anything--of Elias' personal or social life, so she was especially interested in what constituted a 'weird night' for him.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Why did he say that he had a weird night??? Now he had to tell Senna. Maybe that's what he wanted all along, and he just set himself up to be trapped in this corner. He knew Senna wouldn't just let that go.

"Yeah, well...we better get started, huh?" he said, starting a jog and obviously avoiding this conversation if only for a minute. He sighed as they started down a trail through the park together.

"I uh...almost like...hooked up with someone last night," he said, avoiding eye contact (which was fortunately fairly easy as they ran next to each other). After a very slight pause, he abruptly added, "...with a guy."

What had happened last night was still so new and bizarre to him, he hadn't even fully processed it all himself yet. Maybe Senna could help with that.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

"What??" Senna exclaimed, whipping her head around to look at Elias even as they ran. He was determinedly not looking at her. The fact that he had almost hooked up with a guy didn't even register for her, she was just shocked that he had almost hooked up with anyone at all. He just didn't seem like the type for a random hookup. Or maybe it wasn't random? "With who? What do you mean 'almost'? What was weird about it?"

Is any of this really your business? Paz asked pointedly.

Nope, Senna replied shamelessly. She just wanted to know.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Yep, this was pretty much what Elias expected. An avalanche of questions. Here goes nothing, he thought.

"Well, um...my roommate came in and was super drunk and just like...climbed into my bed and tried to do stuff," he said, looking down at the ground in front of him as they jogged at a decent pace together. He couldn't remember if he'd told Senna who his roommate was, and wondered if she'd remember anyway.

"I didn't do anything with him other than kiss a little bit, it felt like I'd take advantage of him...he was really drunk. I figured he was just super horny but we talked this morning and I guess he's actually gay."

Here came the moment where he would find out if Senna remembered/knew that Jamey was his roommate, as it would heavily impact her reaction. Making out with a random guy with a low profile and an average way of treating others was a lot different than making out with someone who was known for terrorizing and insulting most clio on a regular basis.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

"Whaaaaat? Your roommate?" Senna exclaimed, probably too loudly for Elias' comfort. "You're telling me you made out with that massive toolbag??" Holy shit, her cousin had almost hooked up with Jamey Levis-Sparkes, widely known to be the one of the biggest dickheads at Redfern. A couple years ago, Senna herself had threatened to beat him up for making fun of her little brother. She'd never actually done it, but gods had she wanted to punch that guy in the face. Multiple times.

Elias himself had lamented to her at the beginning of the year about who he'd gotten stuck rooming with, and now he was hooking up with the guy? What the actual hell. This was crazy!
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Elias' face was officially flushed, not only at the fact that Senna did know that his roommate was Jamey, but also at the fact that she had practically screamed it for everyone to hear. (He knew this was dramatic, but that's how he felt at least.)

"Shhh!" he said, looking around nervously. "The whole world doesn't need to know. Honestly I'd prefer it if no one knew, and I'm sure he would too." He finally looked over at Senna as they spoke. "He told me not to tell anyone he's gay...he said he'd ruin my life, but also I think he might be attracted to me. Gods, I don't know." He sighed heavily, unsure of what any of this meant.

"He just wouldn't leave me alone, and no one has ever been interested in me like that. I mean, besides Finley, but that was all jokes...I think." What was Elias doing with his life??
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Senna almost wanted to laugh at Elias' frantic shushing, but as he continued to talk, her amusement at him slowly morphed into something more like pity. Gods, he had such low self-esteem. Why was every guy in her family like this? She gave Elias a sad little look.

"Look, I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life," she told him, wondering if there was a way she could convince him that a jerk like Jamey wasn't worth his time. She'd hate to see her cousin get hurt by a guy everyone knew was an asshole. Plus, she was a meddler by nature and wanted to help Elias, whether he wanted that help or not. "But, like, you don't have to hook up with the first guy who comes on to you. You're better off waiting for someone who treats you well."
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:03 am

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Elias said unconvincingly. It wasn't like Elias was going to fall madly in love with Jamey -- if anything, he wanted to use him more as a willing test subject to figure out what the hell intimacy looked like. Elias was so good at pushing clio away, and he was kind of weird so others didn't exactly flock to him.

"But..." he started, obviously about to say something completely contradictory to what Senna had said. "...what if I just experimented with him? So that when I find someone I'm actually interested in, I know what the fuck I'm doing?"

He looked to Senna expectedly. Was this how clio did this? "You've slept with girls, right? I mean, what did that process look like for you? Did you wait for someone you really liked?"
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm

"Trust me, when you don't know what you're doing, it's a lot more fun to figure it out together with someone you like, someone you're comfortable with," Senna said. After a slight pause, she added, "Someone who doesn't threaten to ruin your life if you tell anyone you fooled around with them." While she had to admit the idea of sneaking around with someone in secret could be exciting, doing it because the other clio was ashamed to be with you...not so much.

"And yeah," she added. "I mean, I wasn't like head over heels crazy for her or anything, but she was someone who I liked and liked to be around."

She shrugged. "If you want, I could introduce you to a nice guy or gal. Someone way cooler than Jamey."

Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:41 am

Elias nodded along, listening carefully to everything Senna said. Maybe she was right. But how was he supposed to stop this now, when a part of him actually did want this? What was going to happen the next time Jamey drunkenly wandered into his bed? How would he say no when...he ultimately sort of wanted this? Could he say that to Senna?

She's your cousin, Rhiannon offered, trotting along with them as they ran. She'll understand, right?

"I guess introducing me to someone could be neat, yeah," he said nervously, breathing a little heavier now as they got into their run. "But um...if I'll be honest...this whole thing with Jamey -- as confusing and weird as it was -- it was um..." Elias paused, trying to think of the right words.

"...kind of...hot?"

His face flushed again after admitting this, but he felt like he had to say it out loud to make it real. He seriously needed to work through all these random thoughts in his head, and with someone else for once.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 am

"I mean, I get it," Senna said with a sideways glance at Elias. She did. The whole secrecy aspect, and even the idea of hateful sex with someone you didn't like, it could totally be hot. But while that kind of thing could work for like, clio who were confident and comfortable in their own skin, things could get a little dicier when the parties involved were a closeted, self-hating jerk and a first-timer with zero self-esteem. "But this is the kind of situation that can really end up fucking you up, and not in a good way."

She had decided. "I'm totally gonna set you up with someone," she told him, as if he had no say in the matter. Senna liked to think she knew what was best for other clio. "Someone hot and cool and fun."
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 am

Elias laughed lightly -- or as lightly as he could while jogging alongside Senna. His cousin was really going to set him up? Senna was a lot cooler than he was, and she knew a lot more clio...like, a lot. Maybe she could help him out for real.

"I'm not gonna get invested in Jamey...I'm not sure that's even possible," he said, thinking about what their little almost-hookup might mean for the future. Would they have sex? Would they just have really awkward sexual tension for the rest of forever? Was Elias overthinking all of this?

Absolutely, Rhiannon responded. Elias rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, yeah -- if you have someone in mind...set me up," he said with a smile. Maybe this whole thing with Jamey had given him the slightest bit of confidence. Someone wanted to sleep with him...maybe there were more clio out there.

"But uh, what's going on with you? You seeing anyone at Redfern?" Suddenly Elias found himself being a bit gossipy. He'd shared some seriously confidential stuff with Senna, it was time for her to return the favor (if she had anything to offer, that is).
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am

"Great! I'll find you the perfect clio," Senna said with absolute confidence. She immediately began wondering what kind of clio would be perfect for Elias. It would have to be someone who could put up with his moodiness, that was for sure. Maybe someone who was also introverted, like him? But also with a bit more experience, who would be able to make a first move. Hm...So many possibilities...

Elias wrote:"But uh, what's going on with you? You seeing anyone at Redfern?"

Senna paused for a bit, then let out a laugh. "Oh! I can't believe I didn't tell you," she said. She'd been so shocked by Elias' confession about Jamey, she totally forgot to tell him about Frances. "Haha, speaking of relationship drama, I have started seeing someone, sort of. But uh, she's kind of Poppy's best friend." She laughed again and shook her head. "She's pissed at me. Poppy, I mean."

About that. Don't you think you should go talk to her? Paz suggested pointedly. Apologize, maybe?

For what? Senna asked. She hadn't done anything wrong. In fact, she'd done the right thing by telling Poppy!

Paz just shook her head. Her clio could be so clueless and insensitive sometimes.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 am

"...she's kind of Poppy's best friend . . . she's pissed at me. Poppy, I mean."

"Well, yeah," Elias responded, as if it were completely obvious that Poppy would be upset. "I would be upset if my sibling started dating my best friend without me knowing." He said this without a second thought -- he didn't even have any siblings, but he knew that it would be upsetting if his best friend was seeing his family member without him knowing.

"Best friends are...special," he said, looking down at the ground as they jogged together. "That's a line that's hard to un-cross." He looked at her expectedly, wondering what her thought process was to make it seem like this was okay.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 am

Senna let out a dramatic sigh that was half groan. "That's why I told her," she said emphatically. It wasn't as though she had schemed to keep this big secret from Poppy. She'd told her as soon as she could. "It wasn't like I planned it all out. We met and ended up on a date literally on accident, and just had a great time. Then when I got back to school, I told Poppy."

And all the making out that you did with Frances? Paz reminded her.

Erm. Well, okay. But there was no need to tell Poppy every detail.

Just go apologize to her, you big dummy.

Senna sighed again. She still didn't quite agree, but everyone else seemed to be in agreement that she was the asshole here. "I'unno. I guess I should say sorry, yeah?"
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:18 am

Elias jogged next to Senna, deep in thought. What was it that made this whole situation feel icky to him? It wasn't Senna's fault that she had ran into Frances unexpectedly, and it wasn't Poppy's fault for feeling left out.

"Maybe it's less about saying sorry," he started, working through is thoughts out loud, "and more about acknowledging Poppy's feelings instead of making her seem dramatic."

He wasn't usually so upfront with his thoughts, especially ones that could potentially anger/annoy/upset clio he was close to, but Senna was like a lost sister to him and he felt comfortable being honest. He had a feeling Senna's attitude (as if she'd done nothing wrong and had no control over anything) may have played a role in how upset Poppy was.
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:55 pm

But Poppy was being dramatic, Senna thought. At the same time though, she knew she really did need to go talk to her sister. Whether to apologize or acknowledge her feelings or whatever. Senna was starting to realize in this conversation with Elias that she might have accidentally hurt Poppy's feelings more than she thought, dramatic or not. "Okay, okay, noted," she said. "I'll go talk to her. And I'll be, uh, more considerate this time."

She playfully bumped shoulders with Elias as they jogged, pushing him slightly off the path. He had made her realize she was being an asshole to Poppy, so maybe she should return the favor. "Maybe I'd get in less fights with Poppy if you were around more often to tell me when I'm being a dick," she said. "She misses you, you know."

At least, she used to. Poppy had claimed to have given up on Elias a while ago, but Senna wondered if they couldn't reforge the close relationship they'd used to have if Elias put in some effort.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 pm

"Hey!" Elias laughed as Senna playfully bumped him off the path. He had thought about reaching out to Poppy and Henri, but had avoided it all instead. He had decided to burn those bridges, and sort of felt like he didn't deserve forgiveness for that. Sometimes he felt like he ruined everything around him (which was originally rooted in the disappearance of his mother, but then branched out into actions and behaviors that were in his control) and didn't want to hurt anyone anymore.

...but he wasn't about to word vomit all of that on Senna.

Maybe you should go to counseling, Rhiannon offered. Elias had thought about that too. At least he wasn't going to hurt or disappoint a stranger.

"I miss her, too," he said, making his way back onto the path. "Do you think she'd really talk to me if I tried?"
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Senna Selway-Sommers
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Senna Selway-Sommers Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:38 pm

"I dunno," Senna said honestly. She liked to hope Poppy would talk to him again, but she couldn't deny the chance that she might want nothing to do with him. "You'll hafta find that out for yourself."

She gave him a look as if to say, You'd better try at least. If Senna could admit she was wrong and try to make things right with Poppy, then so could Elias.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Elias looked to Senna nervously, but with a small sign of hope. He thought of asking her to talk to Poppy for him, but she made it pretty clear that this was on his shoulders.

He looked at the path ahead, finding a bit of motivation, determination, and optimism that he hadn't felt in a very, very long time. Part of it probably came from knowing that Jamey was attracted to him, but most of this new sense of independence and possibility came from recovering his relationship with his cousin.

He had forgotten how much being around his family rejuvenated him...he'd spent so much time resenting everyone around him. He had felt like no one understood him, and had always wished for siblings like his cousins and father had. He had grown up learning about how unique sibling connections were, but never had any of his own.

But he still had family. And maybe, even after the horrible ways that he'd treated them, they could all forgive him like Senna had, and things could almost feel normal again, even without his mom.

The two continued running down the path, chatting and poking fun at each other. He thanked the gods that they had run into each other on campus and reconnected, and that he was willing to give this another try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am