Amelia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

knock knock [jamey]

Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

knock knock [jamey] Empty knock knock [jamey]

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Elias was a bit nervous about opening the door to his dorm room since his previous roommate had been switched out for another. He hadn't necessarily gotten along with his previous roommate -- he didn't often get along with his peers in general -- but he hadn't been told (or word hadn't gotten to him anyway) who his new roommate would be, which is why Elias hesitated once he reached his room.

You have to go in eventually, Rhiannon said both reassuringly and impatiently. As Elias started to turn the doorknob, he quickly opened the door as if ripping off a band-aid.

It's empty, Elias noted as he inspected the room. Maybe they hadn't assigned a new roommate to him. How great would that be? he thought.

He closed the door behind him before setting his suitcases on one of the beds. Rhiannon jumped onto the chair next to the desk, curling into a ball to relax.

I could get used to this, Rhiannon thought happily, closing her eyes. Elias agreed, sighing of relief at the fact that he hadn't walked in on someone. This year would be much better if he didn't have a roommate.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

knock knock [jamey] Empty Re: knock knock [jamey]

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm

The beginning of the school year was always an interesting one for Jamey. Who was he going to run into? Who was he going to snub? The possibilities were endless. This year, his final year, he learned that he was being moved to a knew room, and that he would be getting a new dorm mate. Something about his old dorm mate being intimidated by him or something. Like it was Jamey's fault he was richer, better looking, and smarter than the guy. Whatever.

He did have to admit though, that he was a little pissed off that he couldn't get his own room. Why couldn't his parents pay the extra cash for a private room? They were probably hoping he could have made new friends or some dumb ass shit like that. Like he needed them.

After a short amount of time, Jamey finally made his way to his new dorm room, and stood in front of the closed door for a few seconds before trying the knob to see if it was open. It turned easily, and he groaned audibly. Whoever he was sharing this tiny little room with was already there.

Jamey groaned again when he saw who was waiting. Elias Kappo-Selway. Though he didn't know him per say, he knew of him. They had had a few classes together here and there throughout their school career, but they were definitely not within the same social class.

"You're my new roommate?" he asked incredulously.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Elias turned when he heard the door open, his stomach dropping immediately. When he saw who entered, and heard the accompanying groan, he rolled his eyes and heavily sighed.

"Apparently," he responded, turning his back to Jamey as he unzipped his suitcase and started unpacking his clothes. He fortunately hadn't interacted with Jamey very much, but he remembered how pretentious, selfish, and holier-than-thou he was in the classes they'd had together.

He had also heard a lot about the guy from Finley, who had talked about how awful he was as a clio but how perfect he was as a client. Finley loved the rich clients because they always had the means of coming back, and often had rich friends who could funnel their money to her as well. But Finley hated interacting with him, which made Elias wonder if this would discourage her from staying with him. Probably.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Alma, who decided to ignore her brat of a clio, hopped onto the unoccupied bed, and laid down with her front paws tucked underneath her. No matter how much lecturing she gave him, Jamey usually never listened, so this time she was just going to watch.

Jamey clicked his tongue disapprovingly, and tossed his suitcase onto his bed.

"I can't believe that they couldn't give me a private room," he practically whined. "I mean, it's not like my parents don't have the money to get me one."

He unzipped his suitcase and began to unpack as well. All of his clothes were of the latest style and name brand. Only the best for Sir Jamey. The two roommates unpacked their clothes presumably in silence, and after they were finished, Jamey sat on his bed.

"So," Jamey said, all nonchalantly. "What's life like in Loserville?"
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Elias exchanged looks of annoyance with Rhiannon as Jamey whined about not getting a private room. While Elias had to admit that he was a bit disappointed in having a roommate (especially such a douchey one), he wasn't about to complain about it like that.

Because you never complain, Rhiannon thought sarcastically.

Shut up, Elias responded, folding his clothes.

Elias turned toward Jamey as he insulted him, Elias seemingly unaffected. "Good one," he remarked monotonously. This year was going to be awful, he already knew it. "Am I ever gonna get some quiet time in here or are you just going to throw insults and parties all the time?"
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:47 am

"Probably," Jamey replied with a shrug. Although he didn't really answer either one of Elias' questions. Jamey yawned, and laid on his bed, feeling bored already. This whole roommate thing was pretty lame. He really hoped that this kid wasn't going to get into his way. It was already annoying enough that he wasn't even cool.

"So what do kids like you do for fun?" Jamey asked, staring at the ceiling.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:47 pm

"Kids like you" -- that made Elias feel really good and confident. Ugh.

"I mostly hang out with my friend Finley," Elias said, trying to maybe connect with Jamey a little bit. He knew that Jamey knew who Finley was, but wasn't sure how it'd play out for him to mention her. He assumed that some clio were all about their dealers, and that some...weren't. He wasn't sure how Jamey would react.

Either way, he continued folding his clothes and unpacking the rest of his things.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

The name Finley definitely rang a bell when Jamey heard it. He laid still in his bed, a concentrated look on his face, until finally it hit him. He sat up to look at Elias, feeling more intrigued by his new roomie than he had been.

"You chill with Finley?" He asked. "No shit!"

He wondered if Elias did drugs, and if he did, did he have any now to share? Maybe he could get along well with this kid after all.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Elias caught himself smiling a little bit when Jamey seemed excited about his friendship with Finley. It wasn't like he cared whether Jamey liked him or not...but it did feel kind of nice to have some semblance of social leverage. Thanks, Finley.

He fixed his face (essentially making sure he didn't look so pleased with himself or happy that Jamey thought something about him was cool) before turning casually to face Jamey, leaning against his own bed and crossing his arms.

"Yeah, you know her, right?" he asked, even though Jamey obviously did. "I feel like she knows everyone."

At the start of their friendship, Elias was incredibly intimidated by Finley. She was gorgeous, apparently knew everyone and their mother, and had the type of open and casual personality that Elias envied. For a long time, Elias was convinced that he would fuck up and accidentally do something to make Finley hate him, but Finley was always so honest and kind with him that his anxiety eventually seemed to melt away. Being friends with her had boosted his confidence considerably, and he could even attribute a significant amount of his recent personal growth with his family members to her influence.

Aw.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:38 am

"Yeah," Jamey said casually. "I know her."

Finley was an alright clio. She got Jamey and his friends all kinds of drugs, and she wasn't bad to party with. Just somebody he wouldn't like to admit that he hung out with all the time. He definitely would never seek her out on his own and spend time with her.

"How do you know her?" He decided to ask.
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Elias Kappo-Selway
    Squabby Bobby

Post by Elias Kappo-Selway Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm

"She was one of the first friends I made when I came here a few years ago," he said, avoiding the fact that she was one of the only friends he'd made since coming to Redfern. He put his arms behind him, leveraging himself to hop up and sit on his bed, still facing Jamey. Was he starting to have an almost actual conversation with the school's notorious douchebag?

I doubt it'll last, Rhiannon said, sitting up on the chair she was resting on and eyeing Jamey's daemon.

You're probably right, Elias responded passively. He hoped they could at least be civil with each other, and this year wouldn't be filled with ridicule and insults whenever he wanted to come into his dorm room.

"Have you always gone to Redfern?" he asked Jamey, hoping to continue in this more neutral direction of the conversation.
    James Levis-Sparkes
    James Levis-Sparkes
    Borkon Lover

Post by James Levis-Sparkes Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Once he figured out that Elias probably didn't have any drugs, Jamey started to grow bored with the conversation. However, he was a little curious as to how Finley became Elias' first friend at Redfern. She wasn't even a student, so what the hell was Elias doing and getting into? Did this guy even do drugs or party?

Jamey laid back down on his bed, his head on his pillow, hands behind his head. He badly suppressed an eye roll at Elias' boring and dumb question, but decided to answer anyway.

"Unfortunately," he replied. "I've been here since I was ten."

Redfern wasn't a terrible place, but sometimes it was boring, and it was full of losers that Jamey had to deal with on a daily basis, so that was annoying. He had his friend group though, cool clio he didn't mind associating with, so it wasn't all bad. He couldn't wait to graduate and get out of Redfern forever though.

Jamey looked over at Elias, head still on pillow and asked, "So what's your story?" He knew Elias hadn't been attending Redfern since the beginning, so he wondered why he started so late.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 am